Ed almost cried because he was so frustrated with doing the same things he'd already done in preschool so I skipped ahead to lesson 26 and read him "I Need a Lunch Box." After reading, he drew a picture of the lunch box he would like to have...along with the others who also drew their own lunch boxes.
Carson was fine with school until I told him he had to read the words to the math page. He broke down...I really am frustrated and don't know how to make him enjoy reading. It's always such a sore spot with him and as soon as he realizes he's going to have to read, he hides in a corner or shuts down. It's so frustrating and I really, really don't know how to solve it. :(
Jax enjoyed the first two stories of "A Child's History of the World" book. He enjoyed how the text was written like rain falling down and how the words "tiny plants/animals" were written in smaller print than the rest. He liked that the guy had a different theory of how the world started. He loves hearing all perspectives on things and I hope he keeps that enthusiasm as he goes through life.
We still have most of the other lessons to do today, but I think we'll get through it...we're all a little excited today and that doesn't help as we try to accomplish things. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment