Well, at least for most of us! We took yesterday off because of a couple of appointments I had to make yesterday morning (more on that in another post) and then the kids were much too rowdy to accomplish anything of substance in the afternoon. But today, all three of the boys were eager to get to their school work.
Edison did all of his work easily and seemed happier to be doing something "harder than preschool work". We learned his first word today..."I"...and he read a couple of rebus sentences (words and pictures together). He even drew one himself. Math wasn't hard for him today either as we talked about whole and parts as well as certain or impossible. Carson got out his school work from last year and was helping Eddie learn about possible, impossible and certain. I love that they can learn from and teach each other.
Carson read another story we have read before. He always fights me when it's time to read, but I think he surprised even himself today when he was able to read two whole pages on his own...and after reading it to himself, reading it out loud fluently. (It took 20 minutes to read 6 pages, but I think he just gets so distracted that he can't stay on task. Since math involved writing numbers in word form, it wasn't as easy as some days either.
Jaxson waited till afternoon to start, but I think that it just might be that way most of the time. He's pretty easy to get through his lessons and it doesn't take much time so it works well for me and him. (He can help the littler boys in the morning with their stuff and do some arts/crafts with us, too.) He took his posttest in spelling today. He missed 15 of his words on the pretest, but today he only missed 6...that's a pretty good improvement if you ask me! We started Robinson Crusoe today. (I hate to admit it because I am the teacher, but I've never read this book either...we will learn together I guess!) As always, history is still is favorite! I am glad we got the story of the world books and that he can enjoy reading the stories and perspectives of someone else. Science was a little review and a little learning. Just glad we got through it all!
Ellison even spent some time with us this morning doing her own thing and listening to the stories. She has a really good memory which amazes me frequently. She was able to retell the "I Went Walking" book by just looking at the pictures almost word for word after only hearing it twice. I really need to work on something more structured for her, too. Then again, after 45 minutes, she'd had enough time with us and was off doing her own thing again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment