Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dierks Bentley!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday had to be one of the top 6 moments in my life (the others being the day I got married and the days each of my babies was born)!  I got to go see Dierks Bentley LIVE in concert not more than 20 miles from my house. Earlier this summer, I was planning to travel all the way to Springfield, MO (about 6 hours away) just to catch him in concert. Lucky for me, he added a last minute show to Wichita!!

Really, since my birthday I have been SO looking forward to this show. I can't even begin to describe how giddy I was. I think I updated my Facebook status about 10 times yesterday and texted with one of my nieces all evening leading up to the show.

My sister and I left early (like 2 hours before the show) so that we could enter for the meet and greet passes. We weren't the lucky ones who won, but really, that doesn't even matter because I still got to see him in person!
(I have a better pic than this, but it's on my phone and I don't have internet on my phone so you're stuck with this one.)   :)

We got inside about 6ish and the concert started at 7. While we were waiting, I made my sister take a picture of me with the stage...it isn't the best pic, but it is proof that I was there!





Finally at 7, Logan Mize took the stage. I didn't know anything about him except that he was from Clearwater, KS (which isn't very far from where I live, too). He was pretty good. I can't say for certain that I like him because his instruments were drowning out his voice, but it seemed like he does pretty good country music. (I might just have to buy his album on iTunes so that I can really listen to it.)
 

This was my practice pic - which I took 20 or so of) trying to make sure I could get a good pic of Dierks, but unfortunately, my camera is not very good in the dark so none of my pics are perfect, but they are definitely enough to bring back my memories!!!

The intermission (which was probably 20 minutes at the most) lasted FOREVER, but finally Dierks took the stage!!!



(See my pics are crap - if you blow them up, he's all fuzzy, but the important thing was that I got to hear him and see him in person even if the pictures aren't all that great.)

He sang all of my favorite songs including one of his bluegrass hits - which I really wish he would have sang more of. The moment in the show that really got me though was when he sang his song, "My Last Name" in dedication to his dad whose birthday was the day before the concert, but had passed away a couple of months ago. It was so touching and I really don't know how he did it...how he sang that song and then went back to his high energy show! It was truly amazing and heart touching!!!




And just cuz I have them, how bout a few more pictures?!  :)





Honestly, last night was so great! My head was so high in the clouds that it felt like I was drunk...drunk on life, though. I don't know how people can go to concerts and get wasted because I really, really want to remember the experience! This was one of my best days ever and I wish I could share the joy I feel with everyone!!

(One of my friends said that I was acting like I was 12 again...well, I say that is just dandy because I only go overboard like this once in a great while and I really, really enjoyed myself at the show and am so thankful that I even got the chance to go!!!!!!)

AND I have the best sister ever cuz she got a local DJ to get me an autographed picture of Dierks which I will proudly hang on my wall with my tickets to forever remember my amazing night! 



No comments: