Yesterday wasn't really all that different than a normal weekend for us, but I was so tired last night that I went to bed and slept from 9:30 to almost 6am straight through! (Since becoming pregnant again, I haven't done that either as you all know that you need to visit the ladies room that much more often, too!)We started the day with donuts from the Newton donut shop. They were so good! Then we all took off for Hutch to go to the Cosmosphere as part of the Smithsonian Free Museum Day event. The boys were all pretty excited at the big plane that greets you as you enter the museum and my dad used to work on those kinds of planes during Vietnam so he knew a lot about them and it was fun to hear a different side of things.
The boys also liked climbing into the pit of the thing you land in when you go to space...OK, so I didn't pay enough attention to some things in the museum because I don't know the name of this thing, but I did learn a few things! Anyway, here's a couple of pics...



(This is an actual ejection seat from a large plane. The boys got to try it out, but they were so small compared to the seat!)
We also went to the Hutch zoo because it's always free. It isn't very big, but the animals there are all native to Kansas so that was cool for the boys to see things that we could very easily find around the farm. One of the first animals we ran into was turkey. She was sitting on a rail around the horned animals exhibit and Carson was very curious about it.

The turkey ended up "attacking" Carson on the arm, and though this picture didn't totally capture that moment, it will definitely remind us of the experience!

We also enjoyed the prairie dog exhibit where kids can crawl through tunnels and come up and see the world as the prairie dogs would. All three boys enjoyed this exhibit and did it twice before we left.

Jax's favorite animal was the bald eagle and Eddie loved the fox so much that even when we were all walking away, he ran back so he could watch it some more!


Once we got home, Metta made supper and then most of us lounged around for the evening. Carson & Mark went on the trail walk again. I just didn't have enough energy for that! (And they've already gone today, too...maybe we an all go again later so I can take some pictures of their fort which is so cool.)
Today I have been working on my dad's newspaper article and some other stuff for him. I am making Chicken Enchiladas for supper and just waiting for bedtime to get here!!! Tomorrow is another audit day for Jaxson's school so we'll be busy with that most of the day. I have to lead the study group time for the November homeschool group and my topic is pilgrims so I am researching some fun ways to learn about them for K-2nd graders as well as 3rd-5th graders. We'll see what I come up with!


No comments:
Post a Comment