Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

We had a lot to do this weekend and it still feels like I'm spinning.

Saturday morning, Mark, my mom & the boys went with me to the Fall Festival Parade in Valley so that I could take pictures for my dad's paper. The boys got a HUGE sack full of candy, but if it hadn't been for polititians there really would not have been much of a parade. (It was also the festival for the town just North of Valley and there was a ton of other stuff going on, too!)

Then we came home and ate lunch, took baths and left for a karate dinner in Oklahoma (about a 2 hour drive) - where we met up with Dad, Metta, Jamie & Kerri. We went down because Kerri got her "real" black belt and just because it's the right thing to do, ya know?!

Then on Sunday we did a lot of work around the house trying to declutter and put things in a place. I also did a lot of laundry...which I still need to fold most of! I don't know people keep a house clean. As soon as you put something away, someone is dragging it (or something bigger) back out!

Mark & the boys spent time working on their trail and fort, too. They have mowed a path that we will all use to walk along in hopes of getting in better shape. Halfway through the trail there is a handmade fort that has branches and trees on three sides. Carson is really excited about it! Sometime I'll have to take some pictures and share them.

Sunday I also (finally) hung up the frames in the scrapbook room. Several years ago, Wal-Mart put their 12x12 scrapbook frames on clearance so I bought 10 of them and just rotate in and out some of my favorite pictures. This time I hung up some of mine, some of my mom's and one that Jax did a long time ago. It looks good and when I get the pics off the camera, I'll post one.

School has been going well, too. We wrapped our unit on Europe yesterday with three lessons - The Netherlands, Russia and Italy. I can't believe that I didn't know that Russia was in Europe and Asia. I always thought it was just in Asia and even told Jax that I couldn't belive it! He was excited to learn so much and even today asked if we could do history again. He really likes it and language arts the best. It's a hard fight sometimes to get him to do the art projects (which he is two behind on!), but once their done, they always look good (for a kindergartner, I mean).

Otherwise, I feel like I'm 6 months pregnant, not 6 weeks! My pants are already getting tight and I feel like my belly is huge! I can even feel it stretching already. It's just crazy how fast it happens after the first one. Thank goodness I have some sweat pants and can lounge all day not having to worry about getting dressed up for work! I'm also still morning sickness free! Yipee! I almost lost that one this morning, but I slept in and think it was just too long between meals. I need to eat something every two hours and that's impossible when I'm sleeping!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week and I'm looking forward to reading all about them!

No comments: