Jax at the state fair Pedal Pull:
His score (which I think is feet he moved first and then weight of the pull):
The gang on the famous state fair train:
A few more of various rides...
This one made me make a funny face because it went around the curve so fast and since my back was to the guy running the ride I had no idea we were about ready to go. Edison didn't really like it much either...about half way through he said, "Eddie off. Stop please." He never cried, but he just wasn't really into it!
Yesterday I was anticipating a crazy day because we had homeschool group and had to complete a lesson in every subject that we are enrolled in (6 for us) which probably could have been done, but I just wasn't looking forward to it. AND, the group has probably doubled or tripled since last year. I dont' know the count from last year, but this year we have 177 total people on the roster (that includes parents and other siblings, but it is still a huge number). I took some pictures of the group and how much it had changed. For the life of me, I can't find a pic from last Spring, but I know I took some, but let me just say that on average there were 25 people there including everyone...Here's what the gym looked like before we started yesterday: We're talkinga bout a full size gym and I was standing at one end and took a picture towards the other. Crazy, I say! But, good, too!
When we got to homeschool group, I was listening to everyone talking and they said that they already had the lessons done for the day and that they were already entered attendance and all that. Hmmm...The truth is that it was a state required bureuocratic step so they were just entering the attendance and assignments and then would complete them later in the week.
I still feel guilty about it, but that's what I did, too. However, we managed to catch upand complete today's lessons today so no more worries. Jax is still difficult sometimes, but he enjoys it too. He wrote a poem and drew a picture of it today voluntarily...it was an optional lesson and he didn't have to do it! I was so proud.


No comments:
Post a Comment