Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's not Friday yet!

Well, last night the entire family took the hike on the trail. I don't know how long it is because it's a circular track and there isn't really a way to measure it exactly, but we were out there about 30 minutes so I'm guessing it's about 1/2 mile. I didn't really get too winded, but carrying Ed most of the time doesn't help with that! I have definitely decided that I will not lead the pack next time though as I must have run into 10 spider webs along the way...and one with a very large spider on it that ended up on me! (I'm just glad Metta was there to get rid of the spider for me...I took a shower immediately after coming back to the house, though!)

This weekend I think we're going to hit some of the local museums as they are doing a free thing this weekend. I don't know which one we're going to go to, but Jax wants to go to the Indian Center because he's never been there. Exploration PLace is free, too, but I just can't believe you can get into that human body exhibit for free this weekend when it's $20 all the rest of the time. We'll have to call and see. I would be OK with the Indian Center if they were doing stuff that the boys could really see and get involved with. If it's just walking through and looking at stuff, they wouldn't do so well. I think we need to get our zoo pass back, too. It's the time of year when it's almost always perfect weather for the zoo!

EDIT: the website for the free museum day is http://microsite.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ but I don't know if it's available everywhere, but it's worth checking out!

I need to work on my dad's article for this month. I think I"m going to adapt the post from a few days ago about he boys, bikes & bugs. We'll see how it turns out.

Jax hasn't had school today because I haven't really felt well. I'm not SICK, but I just feel nauseous. We'll make it up tomorrow when Mark's home all day. I'm not worried as it is he's scheduled to finish everything by May 1st anyway. We have plenty of time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to hearing about them!

No comments: