It didn't use to matter if the weekend was approaching because we had a lot of time together during the week since Mark's schedule was a little more flexible. Well, that's all changed now that he's got his new job and works till at least 5 every day. The weekends are special again and they require our full attention.
Today we had a pretty good school day. Carson read a new decodable reader that Mrs Holmes sent us this morning. He read the whole book with no help and did a pretty good job of using inflection and sliding instead of jumping sounds. He also sailed right through math without much trouble. He's regrouping ones and tens right now and he did the work without base-10 blocks today. I haven't started him on Reflex Math yet, but I might next week.
Jaxson has been working on Reflex Math while his brothers are doing school in the mornings. He is not happy because he only has two games to choose from and hasn't unlocked anymore yet.He also tried a new science program today through his teacher. We were trying to make the digestive system work, but never succeeded. We quit when we were back down to only absorbing 5% of the calories and 14% of the water. We will try again tomorrow.
Jax was VERY difficult about doing his math today. He threw an Ella type fit because he hates math and just can't do it. He says he hates math and just doesn't understand why he has to do it...IT IS FRUSTRATING! He just doesn't want to do it, it's not that he can't do it.
You'd think that I was the biggest B in the world when you hear some of our times in the school room...I don't want to be mean, but I don't know what else to do to make things happen like they need to. I need MORE time to plan and try to make everyone's lessons interact and limit the amount of time we are spending on arguing about what's going to happen. I think a lot of stuff could be done together with Eddie and Carson, but it's just about taking the time to figure out how to make it happen.
I hope that this weekend I can spend some time in the school room with all their curriculums laid out for next week and really make a great plan to have fun and still get their objectives met! That is a lofty goal, but hopefully one I can work through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment