Monday, September 10, 2012

Back in the routine

Trying to get back in the homeschool routine is not as easy as I would like...

This morning, Carson & I started the day re-reading "Dad's Big Plan." He had forgotten a lot of the story words, but we persevered and read the complete story again. He argued with me about reviewing his site words, but we'll work on them later this afternoon.

Eddie's math went really well - he did about 10 worksheet pages for math and didn't argue hardly at all. He seems to be sailing right through the math curriculum...and the core for that matter. I wish all of my kids were as easy going as he is...of course, he's just in Kindergarten where most of the school is fun!  :)

Jax read 20 more pages in Robinson Crusoe. I forgot to look at the library last week for the "real version" which he would like to read and compare with this adapted version. Hopefully I can do that this week. He is on such a high reading level that it's hard to keep him busy with this curriculum's reading program. Last week I spoke with his teacher about it and she said to go ahead and work through it as quickly as we needed and we would make adaptations later as we need to.

We will get there and we will be successful!!!

No comments: