Last week wasn't as efficient and full of school as I would have liked. We took Thursday off because the boys had PE in the morning and then Carson and I took our 2nd knitting class in the afternoon. Friday, Edison and I had a wonderful school day, but Jax & Carson didn't get much accomplished because they went with their aunt to the grocery store and then we had library time in the afternoon. I feel really good about Carson time last week because learning to knit is definitely helping his eye/hand coordination and his concentration skills. He is enjoy the activity, too, and looking forward to making gifts for people.
Jaxson finished Robinson Crusoe last week and has started a new novel just for fun (The Day my Butt Went Psycho). He took his spelling test today and did pretty good. He only missed three words (unknown,climb, and kneel) so I am happy with his progress on spelling this year. He is working on a word web for a new composition assignment. Getting him to write out the web is difficult, BUT he has all kinds of creative ideas...we just need to work on getting them on paper (or in the computer!).
Carson and Eddie both started with www.readingeggs.com today and LOVE it. Eddie spent a little more time than Carson, but they both really enjoyed the games and activities...didn't even seem like reading to Carson (yeah for that!!!). I am so thankful to be with a virtual school that has so many incredible resources to help my kids learn at a pace that works for them...and an incredible teacher who is so invested in their education and learns their personalities to help them learn the best way for them.
Eddie is continuing to just make progress and not really struggle with much of anything.
Excited to start a new week full of everything I need it to be full of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment