Saturday, August 2, 2008

Flashbacks

I have unpacked all of the stuff I have received for Jax's school stuff, but we are missing a box (or two). I need to call, but obviously no one will be available until Monday. I was reading through a couple of the "teacher guides" and realized that I really do enjoy teaching and it's a shame I quit before I had my degree. There are other options outside of the traditional classroom...maybe if we ever have some leftover money I can go back to school.

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to write this post was purely selfish so that I could document a moment this morning! I was cleaning the tiles in the bathroom and Jax was in the family room playing with his stuffed animals. I realized that he was playing school. That was my FAVORITE pretend play when I was a kid. I would read books and have assignments for all my animals. He was asking for volunteers and teaching them about animals. It was so cute and a little odd because obviously he has never been in a classroom so I just wonder where he learned about it from. Not that it matters because it really made me think back to my childhood and how happy I was when I was playing school. I hope that he can find the same happiness in playing and attending school!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and I'll try to write more soon!!!

No comments: