Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Does anyone else love that show? I don't even know if it's on any channels anymore, but back when we had cable, I watched it on Nick at Nite (I think) and it always made me laugh. Sometimes I think the kids were set up a little before they went on - it is reality TV after all, but sometimes I just don't think you could prep them on what they actually say.

Today has been one of those days where the boys are constantly impressing me with their imaginations. Yeah, a lot of it is stuff that boys are known for like cowboys and wrestling, but they are so clever in their play. Carson and Eddie were sitting outside the laundry room while I was sorting clothes and Carson said to me, "Hey, good guy. We're the bad guys. You stay in there and it will all be OK." Eddie just laughed and said "Pow. Pow." very loudly.

Later when Jax joined us, they were still playing cowboys and using Ed's Pack N Play as the hideout. Jax said to Carson, "Get the hell in here, you cowboy. You're gonna get killed out there." I know that it isn't very good language and I reprimanded him, but I just couldn't believe he was saying such a thing.

Then they progressed on to wrestling without their shirts on. Now, let me just say that I do NOT let them watch wrestling because I just think it's a waste of TV, but that's just my opinion and it's a lot different then when I was a kid...I even went to two or three WWF events in town. I just don't think they need to watch it as now it's more like a soap opera than an event...Anyway, back to the point. They would wrestle some and then "break" a bone or two and come over to the other bed and pretend like it was their hospital. They would work on each other and then go back to it. I just don't know where they get their ideas.

And later still, I had to pick up one of the beds because they kept hurting themselves...well, Eddie kept hurting himself at least. It's an air mattress with the divots int he top of it. Carson started using it like a computer and was sending messages to his friends. Jax joined in "texting" his friends about an event. I am just constantly amazed at how much they pick up and what they do with it.

I am sure there is more I could report, but while Ed's asleep, I'm going to take advantage of it and go get some more laundry done! Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: