Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Not too much to report

It’s been (as always) a couple of crazy days in Jarvis land. We have been on the go a lot it seems and yet we don’t really have much to show for it. Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart (or the Evil Empire as Mark & the boys call it) to get some paint and supplies for the basement project. Today we went to El Dorado for a reception for the VISTA volunteer who is leaving and then I took the boys to ScrapFunAttic and Target to spend my gift cards.

You know, when you won’t let yourself buy new paper sometimes it’s hard to find stuff you really “need” in a scrapbook store! I have been sorting all of my mom’s and my paper lately and we really shouldn’t buy anymore forever because that’s how long I think we could scrapbook with just what we have! I did find some jars that I am going to use for buttons and ribbons as well as some cute diecut arrows for our Fourth of July. At Target I got each of the boys a new toy and some clear stamps that I have been wanting for a long time!

I also made my first “can” project today. I took a metal lunch box thing and made it into a card holder with 25 or so handmade cards for the VISTA. I had the cards on hand from another time, but the can was fun to do. I wish I would have taken a picture because I was fairly happy with how it turned out. Maybe I can make another and take a picture just for taking a picture’s sake!

Tomorrow is library day again, but we can’t find one of the books so I don’t know what to do about that. Some Mad Science group is coming in so I think it will be a lot of fun. I am going to have to take Ed to my mom’s or get my sister to go with me because it is not fun to corral three boys in such a crowded zone. Sometimes I think I want another baby (which I still do), but then I think about times like today when I took them to the stores by myself and question how in the world I would handle four. With each new baby I keep saying that it will force me to stay home more, but so far that hasn’t been the case!

Anyway, nothing much else to share, but I hope tomorrow while I’m in Valley anyway that I can get my pictures uploaded to share. I have SO many and it’s not getting any better as time goes one!

No comments: