Carson was just an aquaduck. That's the very first class where they swim without a parent. Carson was never willing to be in the water without me right by the pool and until yesterday he really wasn't into going underwater. He can do his floats and kicks, but he didn't always want to. Yesterday, he spent more time underwater than he did above. I took a few pics and uploaded them...
Jax smiled the entire 45 minutes he was in the water. He loves swimming and I hope we can go to the indoor pool this winter to give him the practice he needs.

He also went off the diving board at least 5 times. I was scared, even though I knew the teachers were right there.

(He went off one time without holding on, but after that, he wanted the teacher to hold his hand...Evenutally, she outsmarted him and started out holding it, but let go as soon as he was over the water.)

Carson was so proud of himself because he went underwater so much...

His teacher was also VERY impressed with him, but kept saying that he should have done it all along. I blame the weather because he was getting much better by Wednesday of last week, but then they cancelled because of weather on Thursday and his teacher was gone on Friday and then we didn't have lessons again until Monday. I think by yesterday he was just feeling comfortable again. I am going to enroll him in lessons for the fall too because I think the indoor pools temperature will be a lot better for him, too.
Here's his favorite picture of the day with his "whole head" underwater.

We skipped school yesterday because they did so well at swimming and because I had to pick up Kyle & Olivia from the airport, but we hit it again today and it was a much better day. We had one melt down about crayons, but it was minor and we got passed it. I even got him to do an optional activity that I didn't think he would want to do, but he did anyway!!!
I also talked with his education specialist today and she said that we have to do the assessments, but we don't need to do the assignments if he knows the materials (which is basically what I've been doing). She has a lot of experience with homeschooling and private schooling and has two kids in college. I think she'll be very helpful as I learn what help I need.
Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't get around again....


No comments:
Post a Comment