This weekend was busy as was all of last week. Other than the cake pics, I am not sure when the last time was that I blogged about real happenings around here. We have been busy with swim lessons, party prep, swimming, partying and then recuperating from the partying. Today was crazy, too! We started the day with breakfast and then swim lessons. Mom, Dad & Metta all went with us today so that they could see the boys swim. Jax did a terrific job, but Carson didn't do anything cuz the water was too cold. (Even Jax was shivering when he got out of the water...shivering and his lips were purple!) I think the temperature was 75 or so, but the rain and weekend temps were never warm enough to really warm the water.
Friday we also went to the Salt City Splash in Hutch. We went back in June or July (right about the time I quit at Butler), but Mark didn't get to go with us so Friday Metta treated us all to the water park. It's really cool and the kids had a ton of fun (even though the water there was a little cold, too!). We all ended up with sun burns though which I know we should have used sunscreen, but I don't really like the smell of it and Jax is allergic to it so I just tend to not do it...Bad Mommy!
Then Saturday I made that cake and we had Carson's birthday. I also got to meet Jamie's new friend Larry. He was a nice guy and seems to treat her like a real person...though he was a bit too quiet for this family! Carson, of course, got too many new toys, but he was so happy to open them. It's the first time I really remember him wanting something and actually being so happy to get it! (He wanted this Sawyer Saw toy and thank goodness Aunt Metta actually bought it!)
THEN Sunday, Carson woke up sick. He was very whiney and needy and just didn't act like he felt well, but he wanted to eat breakfast. He spit up some flimy stuff then, but ate anyway...He spent half of the meal with his head laying on the table. Then he took another nap...and got sick again! Then he was better. He ate two hot dogs and some other stuff for lunch and kept eating all afternoon. I'm not sure what the illness was, but he seemed to get over it quickly! Unfortunately though, I didn't get much done! I did mange to watch the video for Jaxson's phonics kit and learn how to put it all together and really use it as it is made to be used. I also got all the stuff together to start school this week.
Today we did swim lessons and then came home and I did Jax's first three lessons for school. We did two math lessons and one language arts lesson. He kept saying that he didn't know it was going to be so easy and that he was enjoying it while we did the math, but in the language arts stuff he wasn't as into it because we had to read Cinderella and he didn't enjoy that story because he sees it as too girly. We made it through and I think he did enjoy the activity that went along with it and I was impressed with his "rememory" (as he says) because he remembered a lot of details like that there were six mice turned into horses and four lizards turned into coachmen. We only read half today so I hope he can remember it all tomorrow, too.
Now I am going to get off here so that I can go log our attendance into his school stuff and print out the stuff I need for tomorrow. Have a great week everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment