Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sorry No Pictures Today

Well, it happened today. The repo man came and took the van away. We have been expecting him for three weeks, but today it finally happened. Timing could have been better because just this afternoon Mark put $25 worth of gasoline in it and we didn’t even use $5…worse yet, he could have made it home without putting any in it to begin with! UGH. Oh well, it’s one less thing to worry about right now and that always helps.

Good news came along, too, though. My dad was downtown yesterday and mentioned that he might be moving out of town and the realtor said she might have someone interested in buying it already. They haven’t even officially listed it, but they have a prospect. This puts a cramp in things for me, though because it means we have to really get on the ball about moving my parents stuff out…SO…

I am not going to get to spend the weekend at the crop like I wanted, but instead I am just going to spend the day Saturday down there. I already paid for it, but back then, I didn’t have any idea that I would be in this situation now. Hopefully, I will still get to participate (even if I don’t spend the night and I don’t stay the entire time). Since I didn’t really get to put stuff together, I just want time to at least visit with everyone…that’s the main reason to go to crops anyway since I could totally scrapbook at home anytime I wanted. Oh well, it’s all going to work out and we’ll manage everything just fine!

Today is my last day and I ended up being 20 minutes late…it was a crazy morning. We went to the library of course and today’s program was really good. His name was Bongo Barry and he did a musical program all about bugs. The kids (all of them, not just mine) had a great time dancing, playing instruments and singing along. We were early enough that the boys checked out books before the program started…Mark even had time to read one to them. THEN, we went to McDonalds with my mom, dad and sister which would have been OK, but we didn’t get there unitl about 12:45 (and I have to be at work by 1:30). Everyone was done eating in plenty of time, but Jax would NOT come out of the playplace…even after 3 or 4 warnings. Finally we left there at 1:20. It’s a 20 or so minute drive to work, but we were low on gasoline so Mark went ahead and filled up before he dropped me off, too. (We had to use cash today and I didn’t want him to have to leave the boys in the van by themselves or haul them out to go pay…especially since Ed was sleeping. When we pulled up to the back door, Carson said he needed to pee. He always says it so I wasn’t sure if he was serious, but as it was, I took him (and Jax) to my office to check in (Linda was obviously worried I wasn’t coming at all) and then to the bathroom. By the time I was actually at my desk, it was 2pm. Crazy times, I Say!!!

My boss didn’t even acknowledge that it was my last day until after I mentioned it in an email. She didn’t call or come by…not that I expected her to, really, but it would have been a nice gesture, don’t you think? She did say that I could call anytime for a reference, but I just think if I had an employee who was leaving, I would stop by. Am I wrong? My co-worker (as nutty as she can be) gave me a $20 gift certificate to ScrapFunAttic which was totally nice. I didn’t even expect a card, but she gave me a card and the gift certificate. She really has a good heart; she just gets a little too intense about her job. She even gave me a hug as she left – but she also had a H U G E sigh to let me know she was worried. I know it will work out, but I also understand how I would feel in her shoes. We work well together and having to “train” someone else would not be fun.

I am trying to wrap things up here at work, but honestly I don’t have much to wrap up. I find it interesting that I have seen several people today that have to know it’s my last day and they haven’t even said a thing about it. I just don’t get it. If I knew it was someone’s last day, I would at least wish them well (if I saw them). I admit that I don’t get out of my little corner very often, but when I do I am sociable and I think friendly so I don’t know what everyone is thinking right now. I shouldn’t let it bother me, but it does some. I just guess I won’t ever work anywhere like IMPACT where everyone was so nice to me.

I don’t have any real job prospects at the time. There was a full-time position for the executive administrative assistant at the local school board, but I didn’t apply for two reasons. One, it was full-time and two, I didn’t know what people would think if I worked for the school district, but was homeschooling my children. The new online option is great, but I have to download some software and take a couple of “tests” before I can actually apply for anything which sucks because the one I really want will more than likely be gone by the time I get everything done (since I don’t want to download the software at work that is). Something will come up, I am confident of that. (I did find out today that they already have 6 applicants for my current job so that must be a good thing for the people here. Maybe they can find someone and really get that person trained before things get too crazy.)

I can’t really think of much else today so I’m going to just go back to work for while, but I hope that I can keep up this blog thing after I leave. Have a great Hump Day everyone!

No comments: