So much to report and so little time has passed. Took the kiddos to the dentist on Thursday and they were both cavity free – very happy about this since we aren’t always on our best dental hygiene plans around here. After that we went to the outdoor water park for an hour or so (I have pics, but they were on a waterproof disposable and I haven’t developed them yet) – the weather was supposed to get very nasty that afternoon/evening so we didn’t want to overstay our welcome in Hutch. Then, I went to Hobby Lobby to get some new scrapbooks and refill pages while they were half-off. I have three or four boxes of pages that are done and not in albums so I need to correct that ASAP!
Friday, we just hung out at my parents house while Mark worked on the tile in the bathroom. We also went to a few garage sales, but nothing outstanding. Kerri fixed manicotti for supper – my absolute favorite meal! Then (as I blogged Friday night) Jax & I went to get movies. We got home so late though that we didn’t get to watch them. We just went on to bed.
Saturday, we spent an hour or so getting stuff ready for the garage sale this weekend. It’s city-wide day for the small towns around us so we wanted to get in on the action. I am not sure if we’ll have a great sale, but everyone knows we have A LOT of stuff we should/could sale. THEN, we went to garage sales with Kyle. It was fun and we didn’t even really buy anything to speak of. I found a Stampin’ Up garage sale and picked up two stamp sets I have really been wanting for $20 total. (Mark said I could go crazy, but that’s as crazy as I could get – packing and unpacking a bunch of crap kind of takes the shopping bug out of ya! We cooked steaks – in the house because it was so windy we didn’t want to grill – and then watched Juno. It was a pretty good movie, but I don’t know if I would buy it…still thinking about it.
Sunday we worked our butts off…too bad you can’t work your gut off because I really need to get rid of it! We cleaned out the garage and got stuff ready for the sale. Found a mouse nest in one of my dressers that had had scrapbook stuff in it. Stupid mouse used expensive ribbons and papers to build its nest. Oh well, that’s what I get for leaving that stuff in the garage for two years. There was one drawer with some personal stuff that can’t really be replaced, but I realized that it wasn’t anything that was necessary so I just tossed it all. We made (what I would call) significant progress, but it’s going to take several more days to really get ready. I know we’ll make it, but it just seems to be dragging on and on.
Today I had to send in a letter of resignation. It’s a little overwhelming to really think about quitting. We can’t survive for long without my income, BUT I am confident that I can find some other job – I just wish I could find something online. (which I am still trying to send in applications and resumes and such!) I am confident that all things will work out, but just not knowing what will happen after July 4th (which is when I would get my last Butler check) is a little overwhelming.
We are going to return the van sometime soon so we have to find something else to drive. (The monthly payment and insurance on it is almost as much as our house payment…crazy!) We were going to take the Blazer from my niece, but it’s just not big enough…we know this because my dad had to use it to take me to work today as the van had a flat tire! It has definitely been a Monday! My dad is willing to help us get something now and then pay him back later. I haven’t talked with Mark about it yet so I’ll know more after I get home tonight.
Other than that, I don’t know if there is really anything else to report. I hope that I can continue to find time to blog while I am not working. It seems that right now they only time I have is when I am working…something’s gotta give. Hope everyone has a great weekend and looking forward to hearing more soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment