Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Droning

I am not sure what I should be writing about right now, but I wanted to write about how excited I am that I will be teaching Jax in the fall. I got the information on how to go into the online school this week and I played around in there yesterday and printed out a bunch of the curriculum guides and stuff like that.

I am so excited! I always wanted to be a teacher, but I just didn't want to go into the public schools. I hope that this experience will help me bond a little more with Jax as well as find the joy in something I know that I have loved in the past. One of my few concerns is how I will be able to teach Jax and still provide Car & Ed with enough attention. I don't really worry about any of them being deprived of attention, just that I don't want them to feel like I am neglecting them. I hope that I can find a way to at least make some of Jax's lessons teachable moments for all three boys.

The lessons that I looked at are very interesting and really seem like they will be enjoyable. One of the other parents told me that her daughter was reading within three weeks of starting the Kindergarten curriculum which is very exciting for me. Jax so wants to read, but he hasn't quite got all the letters and sound ideas down yet. I am confident that he will be ready when school starts and that he won't need much coaching.

I am also excited because the school has a way for us to interact with other parents, too. I hop that this will help me relax about Car & Ed always being around...we'll see.

Other than that, there isn't a lot going on around here. I only have 6 more days of work! Yippee!! I am excited and nervous at the same time. I submitted my resume for two online jobs today and have a third that I am strongly considering. I know that I can find something if the online thing doesn't work out, but I would REALLY, REALLY like to stay home!

No comments: