Monday, November 3, 2008

Update - Long time coming...

It seems like forever since I've been on here, but I know it hasn't been that long. We have been busy, of course, but when aren't we? Carson started off last week with a fever and it last two or three days, but never got anything else. Edison had a fever most of the week, but he is still trying to cut his eye teeth, too. His never really got about 102 which they say is nothing - Carson's was almost 105 when I took him the doctor, but they couldn't find anything wrong with him so I don't know what the kid had. Jaxson ended the week with a fever. He was sick most of Thursday and Friday meaning we didn't get any school work done, too. I didn't try to play catch up this weekend as we had a lot going on anyway. We'll be fine, I just want to be done before the baby comes!

We went to Whitewater to trick or treat on Friday night. We visited the nursing home which was an experience. I know it was the right thing to do and we might just make regular visits -- If I don't chicken out. ("Old people" are just not my cup of tea and I have a hard time hanging out in those places...espceically since when I was in 5th grade we got to adopt a grandparent from the nursing home next to our school and I had 4 that year because 3 of them died! They finally just let me team up with this other girl whose "grandma" was 104 or something like that...I don't know what they were trying to tell me or her!) We also hit about five houses. Nothing major, but more than enough since my boys don't really like candy that much anyway.

I'm not even sure if I ever blogged about our trip to Ark City, but that was a lot of fun, too. (If I didn't and you want to know more, just ask!!!)

I took some pictures of the halloween fun, but it will take me a day or two to get them uploaded from the camera and then to the computer. Maybe this afternoon, but I'm not holding my breath!

Yesterday, we had my entire family over for the fall birthdays. Metta made speghetti sauce before she went to bed and then I did the rest...garlic toast, green beans and the pasta itself. I also had to clean (imagine that!), but it all worked out OK. We had a good time. I'll put up pics of that, too, if there are any good ones.

Well, I have to go now because my kids think they need my attention - as does the laundry, dishes (which reallysuck since our dishwasher is broken!), and many other chores. All I can say is I can't wait until Friday when I get to go spend the weekend scrapbooking and hanging out wiht the girls!

(Sunday is Jaxson's birthday party, but I don't have to do any prep work except make some cupcakes just in case the cake they buy isn't big enough. We are doing the party at the Rec Center and going swimming afterwards! Fun times!!!)

No comments: