Friday, October 10, 2008

Well, I went to the doctor for the first time this morning expecting her to be upset with me because when I had Ed she was pretty insistent that I shouldn't have any more because my uterus was thinning. The first words out of her mouth were "Congratulations." and then "Let's hope for the girl." I was shocked. She is a nice doctor and I am glad to have her, but usually she is all business and not so social, but today it was all social! Maybe it's the new office or maybe it's just Friday, but she was in good spirits and we had a great visit.

She even did a vaginal sonogram today so we got two first pics (which I totally wasn't expecting). When they built their new offices they put a sonogram machine in the same room where they do the exams so it was nice to just have the doctor do it and tell me what she was seeing. Here's the first pic:


You can see the head and little arm buds in this picture. And the next one you can even see the leg buds:



She had a hard time getting the profile shot because the baby was being stubborn...not one of mine! Anyway, it's cool to already have pics and to have heard the heartbeat (which was 166). Of course, we still don't know if it's a boy or a girl and I am split. The heart rate was pretty much the same with all the boys, but the baby is measuring exactly the same as I am (8 weeks, 2 days) which all the boys always measured bigger. (I had a sonogram with Jax at about 8 weeks, too and he was measuring more like 10.) It's just crazy, but I am excited. --Metta on the other hand, won't let it go and demands that it is a girl!!! Mark, of course, is positive that's a "manhood" in the pic and it's a boy! These are the crazy people I live with!!!

As for the weekend, Mark is going to help Dad lay new floors in their house - which they have a contract on so it should be sold before Thanksgiving! YIPPEE!!!! All they have to do is lay new floors in the upstairs because they already tore out the old floors. It'll be a done deal very soon! I hope to meet up with Daysha sometime and just hang out. We'll see. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and I hope to post more pics of my boys soon!!!

No comments: