Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thirteen Years...wow!

I haven't blogged in forever, but being as I am not officially the parent of a teenager, I think it's time for a new post.

Jaxson was born with as close to emergency c-section as I ever want to have after a horribly long night of labor. I didn't think he was EVER going to come into this world, but once he was here, my life changed forever.

He was the first to make me a mom. He was so small and adorable and easygoing and wonderful and good-natured and all the things I could have ever hoped for with a first baby.

His life was crazy from the beginning. His dad was obsessed with work. His mom was convinced the being on the go was the only way to be. He just went along with all of it and hardly complained.

He's lived in five different houses and moved almost as many times as I have in my whole life. He's a big brother to three others and is usually great at providing support and brotherly advice. I just can't believe that this teenager belongs to me.

He's so smart. Don't get started in a history conversation with him unless you want to know EVERYthing there is to know about the subject and want his well-thought out opinions on it, too. He puts together ideas and uses his brain in ways I never even think about.

He's so good with little kids. At family functions, he is usually great about hanging with the little cousins. He likes to hold the babies when they're around and he is great about taking his younger boy cousins by the hand and showing them the way of the farm (as they likes to say).

He is passionate. Just this week Mark, Jax & I had an emotional discussion where all three of us shared deeply and it made me realize just how special and great Jax really is. Nothing really gets passed him and he is always listening even when you don't think he is.

I'm sad to have a teenager already because that means that in no time at all, he'll be gone, but I'm eager to see the wonderful adult person he will be because I have no doubt that he is amazing already and will do great things with his life!

Happy Birthday, Jaxson and I wish you many, many more wonderful days and can't wait to watch you keep growing! Your dad and I love you very much, son!!!


No comments: