I used to pride myself on not being very emotional, not letting the little things get to me. Boy how that has changed since I became a mom. I think it has steadily disappeared with each baby and by the fourth, I have not control of my emotions any more.
Here's the story for the latest bout of hours of crying:
We went to the movie yesterday to see The Avengers. I know it was opening weekend and everyone wanted to see it, but some people should go to a private showing...probably me & my two year old. I woke her up (from a very rare nap) as we were leaving because I didn't really want to leave her with the grandparents for almost four hours. (The movie was over 2 hours long and we had to get there plenty early and the drive home would have all added up.) She was in good spirits so I really wasn't worried about it, BUT I definitely should have been.
As the previews started, she was talking about all of them...the people in front of me thought that was cute. Her laughing at the characters that needed a laugh and pointing out little tidbits about the others. Well, I told her that after the previews she had to be quiet...yeah, right! She was restless and couldn't sit still. I gave her two warnings and finally (about 30 minutes or so into the movie) I had decided that I was going to take her outside and see if she would calm down. As I was getting up to go out, the people in front of me turned around and said, "Ma'am, please." It was the straw that broke this camels back.
I went to the truck and cried almost the WHOLE rest of the movie. I was so upset - partly because Ella was being not so nice and partly because the people in front of me really made me mad! I mean she was really just being a 2 year old and they had four older kids...were they not parents of younger kids once, too? (Then again, I saw his interactions with his kids, and let me just say, he wasn't father of the year material.)
I know that everyone has emotions and I really shouldn't try to hide mine so much, but why in the world do I let something this silly and small have so much impact on how the rest of my day and night is going to go? I was still plenty upset when I went to bed - I even had a migraine, but I just need to realize that life will go on and I don't have to please everyone...and I should probably keep to cartoon movies for certain little girls! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You know what, shame on them! You know when to go and when to stay. I agree, they once had small children and probably just forgot. That's kind of a pet peeve of mine. I know when I need to take my kid out of a movie/church/etc. but sometimes they calm back down after a minute so you gotta try! When did the world become so anti-child?! Makes me mad.
I probably would have cried too.
Thanks, Beth! I totally agree that the world is so much more anti-child than it used to be, but then again maybe I just was always a kid lover even before I had my own and overlooked a lot when they weren't talking about MY kids. :)
I don't have children and I don't go to a lot of movies where there probably will be children but if I did there are somethings I'd just grin and bear. It's a shame that the man who was mean to you was a parent himself. I'm very emotional, Lora, I cry ALL the time! At the littlest things. But sometimes that just what you need.
Post a Comment