Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just some thoughts

Yesterday while I was out running around by myself - which seldom happens - I started to think about a lot of things. First of all, when did customer service disappear? I was at a dollar store and there were two clerks at the cash registers, but one of them was on her cell phone and not helping check people out though there were 4 of us in line. AND to top it off, she was cursing into her cell phone. Really? What is wrong with people? I understand that life gets in the way at work sometimes, too, but isn't there an employee lounge or even to step outside the door? I'm just glad I didn't have the kids with me!

AND then on the way home, I was listening to the radio and all of a sudden, it became ever so clear that FOOD is everywhere! I do not consider myself to be fat, but I am getting seriously out of shape and one pair of my pants just doesn't even fit anymore. SO, I have decided to start watching what I eat, controlling my portions a little better and in general get more healthy. I totally get how people can become overweight. Everywhere I went yesterday had less than healthy foods in the front. Of course there's the candy aisles at the registers, but also all down the center aisle of the grocery store they were promoting candy, cakes, and more things like that. I have a little will power, though not very much, but for someone who has zero, this would have been a very "fat day"!

I want to grow old and see my kids have kids and all that, but mostly I want to set a good example for my kids and show them that you can eat healthy and still eat what you want. I'm not goign to totally give up everything I like, but I also want to make sure that water is my drink of choice and that I don't grab a candy bar every time I check out at the store.

I'm not even sure if this post makes any sense, but what I do know is that it's time for a serious change in my person and I just hope I can make it stick!

No comments: