I am so excited to have a little girl now which was just beginning to become a reality two years ago. I can't believe that in just 3 months she's going to be 2 -- no longer a baby at all, but more a toddler and my last one. This is her last year in February:
Then there's Ed. He is my baby boy (though I am sure he would HATE it if I called him that to his face). He just turned four in January and he's so differnet than he was when he was born...this is him in February 2008 (he was 13 months old):

And Car was born in August of 2005. He started Kindergarten this year -- 2 kids in school, man, I really am gtting old! In this picture he would have been 6 months old - this was even our old house before we moved to the farm!

And Jax, my oldest son. He is a little jipped because I don't have digital pics of him as a baby because we didn't get our first digital camera until after he was a year old. This picture is from February of 2005 when he was just about to become a big brother. He was pretty excited to be celebrating Daddy's birthday:

I can't believe that in just 6 short years, we've added three family members, moved into a new house and celebrated so much love. And just for comparison here's a pic of all four the other night after baths when they had made their hair ready for an acrobat show. (I still don't know where the idea that acrobats have pointy hair came from, but it's how they think!)

Here's hoping I will start using this blog again and reflect more often on the great things in my life!!


1 comment:
it makes me sad, really, seeing all the change and growth and times gone by--know what I mean? it's like, we had something there that's being taken away from us by time, something absolutely impossible to retrieve or re-live or even truly revisit (even in pictures). at least you are there, always there with them in every way, through every scrape and spill, every joke and jibe. at least there's that, for both you and them. your gift of time is beyond precious, and some day it will pay big dividends for you (neither of our mothers were so into us, now were they?) keep up the good work. you raise good kids.
Post a Comment